Employee Engagement doesn’t have to be rocket science!
There is a very simple way to improve Employee Engagement in your place of work.
David MacLeod and Nita Clarke are the latest in a long line of management and leadership gurus to consider the topic in their report Engage for Success. Elton Mayo, Lewin Lippitt and White, McGregor, Berry Zeithamal and Parasuraman; they’ve all said pretty much the same thing. Good leadership and management leads to higher levels of employee engagement. Higher levels of employee engagement lead to increased productivity, better quality, reduced absence, reduced attrition, better innovation, reduced accidents and improved customer experience.
Improved output, better customer retention, word of mouth marketing and all with reduced costs. The impact on the bottom line can be stunning! And that’s what everyone is after.
The secret to The WOW! Awards is that it is a very simple process that allows customers to provide positive feedback. The simplicity and quick implementation mean that is an incredibly powerful way of improving employee engagement and customer experience.
What we’ve discovered is that:
The best organisations have an efficient system to encourage positive customer feedback.
- Positive feedback is very important in helping you to identify what your customers really expect.
- Sincere appreciation when delivered through your senior management motivates people to deliver great service.
- It’s a powerful way to reinforce your corporate values and keep customer experience on both the board room and front line agenda.
- Our experience with The WOW! Awards is that customers are hugely enthusiastic to say “thank you” when they have had great service. In fact, they would much rather compliment good service than they would complain about bad service. Some organisations are receiving over 300 customer nominations for The WOW! Awards every month!
- Recognition is one of the most powerful drivers of improved employee engagement and yet, one of the most difficult for organisations to do themselves.
The WOW! Awards has legs! It really works! It works long term. Many users of The WOW! Awards have been seeing the benefits for more than 5 years.
It works because we make it work. The process runs throughout the year. We judge every single nomination. We recognise the people who deliver great service; typically 34% of nominations result in a certificate being presented.